Thursday, July 2, 2009

March of the Stroller Brigade!











If you live anywhere in the vicinity of Illinois, you've heard by now about our (by-now-annual) budget crisis. And once again, the first thing on the chopping block is social services.

I don't know whether the threatened cuts are that much more dramatic than usual, or if I just know more folks who are impacted by them, but this year I decided to get involved. Today I participated in a Stroller March ( :) ) to protest the probable cuts to childcare, senior care, education, and so much else. It was eye-opening as well as moving to see people fighting for justice, and to be a small part of it.

Here's the link to the video -- you can't see anything of me, much, except one shot of the back of my head around :13, but you can sure get an idea of what it was like and why we were there.

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=60250%40wbbm.dayport.com

Enjoy. And pray for the whole process. We need it.

1 comment:

  1. Laura....good for you! I hope you enjoyed it...and I'm MOST definitely be praying. Health care is going to be a huge issue in the near future, especially with Obama in office. Tee elderly, the 'special needs' populace and the kiddos are always the first to get shafted. I'm so proud of you for taking part...sweet indeed! Glad to see you on here again!
    ~K~

    ReplyDelete